Thursday 15 November 2018
« Decoding the doc : images, education and diversity »
Venue : Cinema Palace, Brussels City Center
In the framework of MEET project, a final conference is organized in Brussels about synergies and challenges between documentary production, diversity inclusiveness and media education.
At this conference, you would have the opportunity to :
- Discuss the issues and roles of documentary productions related to school / pedagogy and teacher training
- Discuss the challenges of documentary productions on interculturality: what is the role of the documentary image in the representation of Others?
- Reflect and discuss the representation of reality and its perception by the public in documentary productions
- Adopt media education methods to analyze documentaries
- Consider know-how to produce a documentary with groups
- Discover the different possibilities of using the documentary in classes or in training
- Evaluate and discuss the various results of the MEET project – Media Education for Equity and Tolerance (video-documentary production, educational guidelines, policy recommendations)
This event will take place within « Le mois du Doc », documentaries festival in Federation Wallonie Bruxelles and is dedicated to students in initial teacher training, teachers, teachers trainers, media education professionals, documentarists and other audiovisuals professionals, librarians, social workers and cultural organizations.
Registrations open soon.
Organisation Contact : Media Animation asbl – email@example.com